Monday, June 9, 2008

Perfect Timing: Today is National Strawberry Rhubard Pie Day



Morning in Albuquerque. A doorbell rings. Mary Shannon with a toothbrush in her mouth opens the door.

"I, uh, I'm supposed to welcome you to USA network with this," says Bobby Goren, dressed in black and 2000 miles away from home New York. Mary looks down to see what he's holding. "It's, uh, it's a pie," he explains.

"A pie?" He hands it to her.

"Yeah, a pie."

"Pie."



"It's - um..." he bends down and sniffs audibly, "strawberry rhubarb."

"Super..." she nods.

"I gotta go," he points over his shoulder, " 'cause it's 32 hours to New York. Yeah, I put the siren on; it makes it go a lot faster..." he starts to get animated.

She interrupts. "Thank you."

Awkward smile. He nods, turns and leaves...

Now how do you suppose Bobby knew it was National Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Day???

1 comment:

R.J. Keller said...

I love Bobby Goren. I love Vincent D'Onofrio. And I love this commercial.